Monday, April 16, 2007

Planning a Return.

The tooth ordeal has begun. Phase 1 is complete, the tooth has been removed, all the bad bone cut out, and a bone graft placed. I am still deciding if I chould post the pictures or not, they are pretty graphic. So, today is my first day back at work, and my first day without good painkillers. I Love Vicodin!!! Not in a drug addict way, but without it, I'm pretty sure my wife and dogs would have left me this weekend. I was hard enough to deal with with the good drugs, when they would wear off, I could feel a lot of pain and any sense of patience that I did have went right out the window.

So, on to my training. I have been more or less shut down for about three weeks now. I got in some good swimming and two solid days of running, but other than that I have been shut down. What does that mean for Ironman Zurich? Well, I need to bust some serious ass for the next few weeks. I need a lot of miles on foot and on bike. The problem is I am supposed to take all this week off to let my mouth heal. I can't wait that long. I will try a nice easy ride today and see how I feel. I am planning on racing the Trail Mix 25k at Highland Park this weekend, so I need to do something before then. Also, I am just going insane from all of the sitting around. Going form 15 hours of training to zero is really hard.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments and emails. It's pretty cool that people you don't even know and never have met are sending positive vibes. They really do help. Thanks!!!

7 comments:

Taconite Boy said...

Good to hear! You should come out for Wed night...just take her easy...yeah right.

Clot Buster said...

GREAT NEWS!!!
Remember to be patient with your recovery. You can't cheat how fast your body will heal. One day at the time. But it is GREAT to hear that you are getting back into the swing of things...
GOOD LUCK!!!

TJ said...

good to hear you are back in action.
good luck with your prep for zurich.

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Moving in the right direction! Keep up the healing and only do what you can -- your body will tell you loud and clear. Until then, enjoy the time getting back into it!

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Don't rush things... you were great at the ride tonight. Take it slow getting back into it, listen to your body, and things will be fine :)

Steve Stenzel said...

I'm sending good vibes. Good luck!! And I'll send more good vibes if you POST THE PICS!!!!!!!

POST THEM!!

Just have a warning at the top of the post.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Hi, I hope you are feeling better. When I saw you at the ride, I didn't realize any of this was even going on... I haven't been blogging as much. If you are going to the Trail Mix tomorrow, I will see you there. take care.
p.s. -I also LOVE Vicotin!

Jenny