Thursday, March 22, 2007

Things I Learn Along the Way...

I learned something new this morning. I can not eat bananas before a moring swim session. However, if I do I get an uplanned transition run from the pool to the bathroom. So, needless to say I ate bananas for breakfast this morning and had to cut my swim short, ending it with a transition run, of sorts. A lesson well learned!

In other training news, I was able to ride two hours outside last night. It was really wet and very dirty, but really fun. I looked like the pros when they cruise the paves in the Paris-Rubaix. Head to toe mud. My road bike, which was white when I started, ended up looking like I had tried to burry it in the mud. Oh well, nothing a little water and chain lube won't take care of right?

Training is going pretty well so far. I've been having some issues with my ankle, nothing that is stopping me right now, but there has been some swelling and range of motion issues that I am a little concerned with. I am hoping that next weeks recovery week will allow me some time to heal up and get things worked out. I am hoping to meet up with Taconite Boy and TriMama for a ride this weekend. I am really sick of riding the trainer and I am ready to ride with the local tri beasts.

Bring on the warm weather.

4 comments:

TJ said...

Nothing like spendin a little time in the mud to make you feel better.
Good luck with the ankle and enjoy your ride with the tri beasts.

Clot Buster said...

Greetings from The Clot Buster!
If you have the chance checkout my blog as I have something special posted due to March being DVT Awareness Month. If you know people who would be interested in participating in this auction please let them know.
Check it out at:
http://clot-buster-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend and place bid if you can swing it!

Steve Stenzel said...

Is "transition run" supposed to be gross? I hope so...

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

I'll be around to ride this weekend... just our little short one :)