Monday, March 12, 2007

Outside at Last...

Yee Haw. Finally got out on the bike again. I was able to do a 2 hour ride outside on Saturday. There were a few complications however. I made it about 5 miles before my cadence sensor stopped working. OK, I can deal. I made 7 miles before my speed sensor stopped working. Alright, kinda sucks but I'll just ride by my heart rate monitor. I made it to the turn around spot for the defuel/refuel stop feeling pretty good. Remounted the bike to find that the beautiful windless day had changed in a matter of minutes to what was now going to be a head wind battle all the way home. Now I'm Pissed.

Good news is I made it home and felt really good for the entire ride. Outside of a little anger at my electronic devices. Going off my time and the fact that I ride this route a lot, my average speed came out just over 18 for 38 miles. Not too bad for my first real outside ride of the year. I gotta say that my new bike just feels fast. Before the speed sensor went out I was rolling at 20 with zero effort. The head wind kind of bucked me a litte on the way home. I definately need more saddle time, my neck was feeling the efffects of the areo position for that long this ealry on.

As for electronics, does anyone have a suggestion for a good wireless speed and candence sensor that is actually reliable, or do they not exist?

3 comments:

TJ said...

i have the cateye double wireless computer. other than the battery going dead once, it's worked great for me.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I have the Specialized which I always thought worked pretty well until I registered 119 miles at Florida. Everybody else said the course was 112...
Jenny
p.s. - no kitchen spinning on Tuesday - we will be out of town.

tri-mama said...

Whatever you go with, have it installed by Thursday-weather's coming!