Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Music Season

So, now that the tri off season is in full swing, I have shifted my training to from swim, bike, run to guitar, giutar, guitar. Hopefully with some climbing mixed in during the fall and winter months. Instead of spending my 2 hours a day on my bike or in the pool I am spending 2 hours a day in my music room beating on my guitars. It will take a while to get the touch back after not playing very much the last year or so, but it feels really good to just sit down and play. Here is a picture of my baby. It's a 2002 Martin D-42.

I started playing in 2001 with one of my dad's old guitars. It was a 1975 Alverez Dove. A beautiful copy of the vintage Gibson Dove, but it had better tone than any Gibson Dove I have played. Anyway, the Martin was the firts guitar that I ever bought. I figured that if I was going to do it, I should do it right. Since picking up this guitar I have played many other high end guitars, and I am yet to find one that can match this one for full range tone.

Here's so more good guitar pickin'. I can't play this style at all, but it sounds so cool. Again, Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins pickin' Jerry's Breakdown.





2 comments:

Taconite Boy said...

Sweet guitar. I think you inspired me to pick mine up again. So much time on my hands thanks to lack of training!

This is not trimama, but the realy boy wonder here

Clot Buster said...

Do you have any tips for guitar playing? I am attempting to learn. Where can I find basic songs that I can play. I don't have the ability to read music but I can follow the tablature. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I can use all the help I can get.