Monday, February 26, 2007

Son of a...

So today I was feeling really lazy after not getting in much of a ride yesterday, so I decided to crank out a tough speed session on the treadmill. The plan was to do a minimum of 8x400 with 90 secs active recovery. Well I made it through 12. I had a really bad buring on the sides of my big toes for the last couple of intervals. When I took my shoes off I was shocked to see the biggest blood blisters I've ever had on my feet. I mean these things are over an inch long on both of my big toes, and they are currently sticking out damn near a quarter of an inch. Oops. I guess thats what I get for trying to do a hard speed workout, in my Nike Free's, without shocks, when I haven't done any fast workouts in them for a long time. My only hope now is that the pressure will go down and they won't explode. Hopefully it will not hinder any of my training. If it does I can chalk this one up to my own stupidity.

Work out detail:
5 min warmup @ 10:00 pace.
12x400 @ 6:00 pace w/ 90 secs active recovery @ 10:00 pace.
5 min cool down.
Total dist. 5.5 miles.
Average pace was about 7:50.
No HR data.

I think I cut the cool down a little short due to the wicked buring going on in my shoes. Other than that it was a hard workout, but I felt pretty comfortable all the way through.

If my toes explode I'll post some pictures.

3 comments:

tri-mama said...

Don't worry about the blisters-I've had some nasty ones and they tend to go away without a problem. You can lance them after a couple days and it doesn't hurt so bad. Just keep them clean.

Steve Stenzel said...

I'm waiting for the pictures........

Taconite Boy said...

no...I'm NOT waiting for the pictures.

Thank you
:)