Thursday, January 17, 2008

Base Training Sucks!!!


Base training sucks!!! I'm just starting to do some real training now and this base stuff is really boring this year. Why can't I just go fast. Last year I had much more patience for this because I was training for an IM. Now, this year, all I am racing are short course events so long and slow is not fitting in with my mentality right now. I know I need to do it, but it's hard to go slow. I know, I know, have patience, fast workouts are just around the corner. Before I know it I will begging for mercy on the track, on the roads and in the pool. It just seems so far away right.

4 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice to see you're back!

Taconite Boy said...

Wow...Tac can so not relate...

To the fast part :)

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Glad you're back! Congrats on the baby too!!!!

Clot Buster said...

Welcome Back!!!
I almost gave up on you after being gone for so long. Good to have you back. I appreciate the comments. CONGRATULATIONS on the baby. What a WONDERFUL News!
Good luck with the base training. It is a slow process but well worth it in the end.
I look forward to hear from you!