Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kind of Returning.


So, I have not posted in about six months or so. I have been content lurking in the background, reading others blogs and being entertained. This post is just a short update on what's been going on in my life since Ironman Switzerland.

I pretty much shut down my training after Zurich and turned to riding and racing my mountain bike for fun. I didn't really train for it, I would just show up and ride. I crashed a lot and had a lot of fun in the process. The really big news is that we expecting a baby girl in May. We have been spending a lot of time getting the house ready and acquiring many of the things that we will need when she arrives. We have been remodeling the basement bedroom for our boy to move into. He is pretty excited to have the entire basement to himself. He is also a little bit scared of it at the same time. He is 10 now and a little tentative to actually make the move, but he will be really happy to have his own space in a few years.

That's really about all that's going on here. My wife is pregnant and healthy, I am fat and slow, and now the training must begin. I am looking forward to another fun year.

2 comments:

Taconite Boy said...

Thanks for the comment love.

Good to see ya back

TJ said...

Welcome back and congrats.