Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Almost done...

So, we are almost done with Christmas celebrations. Four down and two to go. Yee Haw. I really love all of my family, but stretching out Christmas for a month is a bit much.

Anyways, I havn't been posting much lately due to the fact that I havn't been doing much lately. I have been help up with a terrible cold for over a week now and training has been minimal. I made it into the pool last night with my wife. It was her birthday so I surprised her with a new pair of goggles all wrapped up and stuffed in her gear bag. She actually liked them and they fit her face well. So now I can reclaim my other goggles that she had been "borrowing". I managed to swim a nice easy mile. I alternated some pull sets in the first 800 with paddles to try and work my for and gain a little strength in my stroke.

After the swim we went out to a local bar/grill and had a nice dinner, followed by a movie at home. She has been fighting the same cold that I have, so we were in bed pretty early. Not exaclty a wild birthday party.

Ironman Zurich seems like a long ways off, but it's actually right on top of us already, or so it seems. We are trying to finalize our travel plans this week, or at least buy our airline tickets. We are yet to decide where we are going and what we are doing for the days after the race, so it's hard to decide if we are flying back from Zurich or somewhere else. I will have tickets lined up by Thursday, so it's time to decide, I hope.

1 comment:

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I'm like you in that I was happy to have our extended holiday finally pass.

Keep us posted on your plans for Zurich. That's a race I'm considering for 2009.

Stay tuned...