Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Spin to Win.

Iron Jenny, Laura, Dia, TriNick, and Bob in for the kitchen spin.

So, I finally made it to another one of Iron Jenny's wonderful spin seesions. Even though I had to cut it short it was still a great workout. I am realizing that even though my legs are feeling pretty strong I still have an extremely long ways to go on my cardio. I was trying to follow along with the spinerval video, which was supposed to focus on aerobic conditioning, but my heart rate just continued to climb. I had to back off a lot to keep my heart rate aerobic. It's kind of frustrating, but I have to remeber that it is early and these are the workouts that will help increase my aerobic ability. I just have to have patience and focus on my plan, it will all come together.

I managed to squeez in a weight session at lunch today with a short run for a cooldown. I am planning an hour run for after work followed by a relaxing swim session. I have really been enjoying my swim sessions so far. All I have been doing is easy swimming and stroke work. It's nice to go to the pool and not suffer through a tough speed work out. But, those are just around the corner.

4 comments:

:) said...

Looks like a party to me!!!

Spandex King said...

Drafting is not legal!!!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Glad to have you back at kitchen spinning!
You are right and smart to pay attention to staying aerobic. Now's the time to create all those millions of new capillaries which will you'll need to carry all that oxygen as we get into the season...
Jenny

Taconite Boy said...

Wow...capillaries....who knew Jenny. I hope to make on of these tuesdays soon! Hopefully see ya then.