Monday, January 15, 2007

What is going on?

So I will finally have some free time this weekend, so I decided to check ice climbing conditions in MN. I found out that you now have to buy a $25. permit to climb in the St. Paul parks. What??? Cyclist, walkers, and joggers don't need a permit to use the park, but I am supposed to pay for one to use a city park along side a winter walker that is there for free. I don't get it. So, I guess I won't be climbing in St. Paul this year. It looks like climbing will have to wait a couple weeks until I can get up the the North Shore and climb for free.

Anyways, my training is slowly starting to build now. I made it through another hour run last week and it felt really good. I have about three weeks until my actual training program starts, so I am just slowly increasing times to prepare for that. I am really not looking forward to spending long hours on my bike on the trainer. I just get really bored after about an hour or so. The three+ hour rides that I will have to do before spring are really going to suck. A Lot!!! I can't wait to get outside for a ride. I am trying to use my mountain bike for some short rides this winter, but it really isn't the same.

Oh well, it's off to the gym tonight for a good weight session followed by a pool workout. It is really crazy how crowded the gyn is after New Years. Some people may stick with it, but my guess is that by mid Feb. it will be back to normal, whick means no more waiting for a machine or treadmill. YEE HAW!!!

It turns out, that like most things, my musical preferences are cyclical. I am reverting to listening to a lot of the music I grew up with as a teenager. I have added a lot of punk rock, heavy metal, and other hard music to my work out playlists and driving cd's. Here is a little sample of my musical past coming back. "Homebrew" by 311.

No comments: