Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Deed is Done!

Monday July 2, 2006 I officially signed up for Ironman Zurich. Wow. I almost passed out when I hit the pay button on the computer. I suddenly felt really excited, really scared, and really sick to my stomach. It looked like about a half a dozen other club members have signed up already, with what sounds like many more to come.

Also on this long holiday weekend, I did manage to get in some training. Some went good, some went not so good. First the good. I had a great open water swim on Saturday. Water was beautiful, lake was calm, and I was swimming straight. There was another random guy swimming in the same area and he could not swim strainght for anything. He went about five feet left for every twenty feet he went forward. My wife and I had to be on constant look out while we were swimming. He would be way off to the side, and then suddenly we had to take evasive action to avoid a head on with this guy. Now, on to the bad. Hit a long ride on Sunday in the heat. Managed to roll through almost fifty miles. By the last five miles or so I was so ready to be off of my saddle. I could not stay in one position on it for more than a few revs before I would have to either change my position or stand up out of the saddle all together. Not real happy with this ride.

I am trying to keep a positive mind however. I sat back and looked at what I had done in the week leading up to this, and it is no wonder by body is beat. I don't have any really sore muscels, but my body just feels generally worn out. The rest of this week is recovery, followed by a race on Saturday, which is my first Oly. Then, the next two weeks will be really hard with lots of hours. Followed by a two week taper before the Steelhead 70.3.

But the best news of all: ZURICH, ZURICH, ZURICH!!!
It is officially on the books.

1 comment:

Trisaratops said...

Wahoooooo! Way to hit that pay button! I think I had a heart attack last September when I clicked the mouse for IMW, so I know exactly how you must feel! :)