Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Training Update

Wow, this training thing is hard. So far training has been going really well. I am getting used to the sore and tired muscels and the two a day workouts. I am really trying to adjust to getting out of bed in the morning to get in early workouts. That part is not going so good. I Really Hate Morning Time!!! I drug myself to the pool last week in the morning and it was terrible. I was a cat in a bathtub. It was so bad that I gave up and went back after work to show myself I could do the workout. I think that if I get up early enough to get some form of caffine in me I can usually function on a some what normal level.

On the bright side, I am adjusting to the new bike and new riding position pretty well. I actually suffered through my longest continuous trainer ride on Sunday. A whole two hours! I know, I know that's not very long at all, but when I'm indoors my attention span for riding by my self is about five minutes tops. Then the mind starts to wander. I see my guitar sitting in its case and I can hear it calling me. Or, I just get bored and think of anything that I would rather be doing and go do it. Need to work on that!

Got to watch a little cycling the other day. The Tour of California is on the VS channel this week. Got to see Levi crash in the circuits of the first road stage. That sucks, he put in a great TT only to lose the yellow jersey and something like a minute due to the crash. I hope that I can catch a stage tonight, I forgot to DVR it.

Todays plan: Easy Spin, I may try to sneek outside for this, because it's like 40 degrees here. After that I have a tough pool workout, 3500 of fast intervals or something stupid like that.

Zurich, Zurich, Zurich!!!

7 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

2 hours on the trainer??? That IS torture!!!

Spokane Al said...

Two hours on the trainer? That is just a warmup!!!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Hey - I hear you got OUTSIDE on your new bike! Lucky!
Did you give it a bath after you got home? ;-)
BTW - I recognize that new profile picture - only in Minnesota... te-he-he.
Jenny

TJ said...

two hours is about my limit on the trainer. anything beyond that is mental torture for me.

Taconite Boy said...

Nice Tri-Whine (see my post on tri-whining). I myself have had a killer week as well. Can't wait to get ouside eh? Oh wait, foot of snow on the way.....damn

Steve Stenzel said...

I can't swim in the morning either - I'm not ready for it. And good luck in the snow we're about to get.... It's gonna get ugly...

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Hey... I set up a blog last night like we talked about. Good run yesterday. So far the birkie is on.