Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Rest and Recovery

A week of rest is Great! I just finished a full week of recovery after the 70.3 and I feel great. I only did one real workout last week with a bunch of sesions to just stretch. The one ride I did take was with the club and I actually felt pretty good. I didn't have any sore muscles, but I also didn't have any power in my legs at all. It felt good to be on my bike when it is set up for road riding rather than triathlon. I took off the aero bars and put my road saddle and seat post back on. Oh, did I mention that was the first thing that I did on the Monday after the race. I think I was a little burnt out on riding with my aero bars. I am really looking forward to doing some long rides in a road setup.

So now the training resumes. I don't really have a solid plan put together for the late summer and fall yet, but I also don't have any races planned yet. I think that I am going to work on run speed for about a month and try and do some road races later in the fall, but I'm not sure yet. I also want to shift some of my time to training for rock climbing. I have really missed climbing the last two years, so I am going to make sure I put some time aside for that in the fall. My fingers have become really weak, so it will take some time to get them into shape for climbing.

It feels good to have my goal race done. I can finally relax and enjoy some of the things I've had to pass on for the last few months.

No comments: