Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Did I Win?

Well, i think that I may have beat it today. At least the mental aspect of my training that has been knocing me around for a while now. I had a break through run today. Started out just watching my HR and keeping it at 150, then I looked at my pace. Wow, 7:45/mile at 150. It didn't seem right. On my last couple of runs that have beat me down, 150 was about a 8:20/mile. What changed? Well, I just got over some seriously stressful issues in my life, and like a switch, my performance and attitude has changed. I coninued on my run and reached mile 7 and decided to put the hammer down. I told myself that it didn't hurt... that bad. Mile 8 was at 6:45 and it was actually enjoyable. I finishsed the run with a nice cool down and clocked just over 9 miles with a 7:51/mile average including my cooldown. My confindence has be renewed.

No comments: