Thursday, June 22, 2006

Self Control



I finally did it. I went to a group ride and said I was going to take it easy, and I really did. I've had so many days where I go to the group ride and say this and then ride my self right into the ground. Not this time. I took it nice and easy, talking with other riders and convincing more people that they need to go with us to Zurich in 2007. I rode my pace. I rode fast when I wanted and backed off when I wanted. I pushed some hills and I let people fly by me on some hills. Felt good for the entire ride and most of all I had fun. I followed the ride with a run that was just over 3.5 miles. Went at a pretty good pace with one other person. Her and I talked most of the way which made our pace seem easy. We finished with a 7:39/mile pace for the run. After a quick stretch I headed to the bar where my wife was waiting with the rest of the crew. We had 9 people there that are going to do Zurich. I think that number will grow as we get closer to registraiton time.

The more racing, training, and socializng that I do with this crew the more I realize that each person brings something different to the sport. Regardless of ability, speed, experience, age, or gender each person gives me inspiration and motivation to work towards my goals. It is great to be surrounded by some many positive people.

Zurich, Zurich, Zurich!!!

No comments: