Friday, June 30, 2006

Sink or Swim!

I think I'm going to sink. I missed yet another swim session this morning. Not because I wasn't awake, I just plain old could not make myself go. I am really having a hard time doing my swim training alone. I never used to bother me, but lately it has completely killed my motivaiton. I have decided that I WILL swim Saturday morning in the lake regardless of how I fell or what the weather is like. The only thing that will stop my swim will be lightning. With only one week until my first Oly. I am feeling pretty good about the bike and run, but terrified of the swim. OK, maybe not terrified, but not at all confident. I think I will survive as long as the water is cool enough to allow me to use a wetsuit. If not, I may have issues.

On a better note, today is Friday and I don't have to work until Wednesday. So, I plan on taking advantage of tonight being that it is the last night that I can drink before my half iron in August. That's right, no alcohol for a month. So look out people there will be a hungover swimmer tomorrow. And they say I can't swim straight!!!

No comments: