Monday, June 26, 2006

Inspiration

I think that I got what I needed this weekend. Some relaxation, family time, and a huge helping of inspiration. After spending the entire day with my family in a boat on Saturday I needed to get out and run. I felt flat. I questioned what I was doing. For some reason the fire was buring dim.

Sunday turned all of this around. I went to watch the Waconia Triathlon. This was only the second tri that I have attended and not raced. It is a great relaxing change. GW had a huge showing and everyone was looking strong in the choppy waters of Lake Waconia. The best part of the race is hearing everyones race stories and training goals after the race. That is where all of the inspiration comes from.

Later in the evening my wife and I went to a tri geek party to watch the World Cup and talk and dream about upcoming races. Again, this was inspirational. One of the club members recently complteted the RAAM. Talk about amazing. Riding a tandem all the way across America in just over eight days. WOW!!! We also watched Ironmanlive.com to track the progress of another club member at Iroman Coeur d'Alene. Amazing race in 91 degree heat.

I got up this morning and felt different about my training. I didn't mind getting out of bed to go to the pool. I really enjoyed my workout. For me, in this sport, it just takes a little inspiration from fellow tri geeks to get the fire stoked.

2 comments:

tri-mama said...

Without a doubt I stay in this largely becasue of the GW group-it's been fun seeing you and Jill-see you Weds night :)
Zurich, Zurich

Anonymous said...

jessie, cool blog...im swimmin tonight at calhoun...give me a call...952 994 8865

brian