Friday, June 09, 2006

The Journey Begins

I made the decision, with the help of my wife (aka permission), to take a journey to Ironman Zurich in 2007. I decided to start this blog to capture the events and happenings along the way. I can't promise daily updates or infinite words of wisdom, but I will post any cool info, comments, and tips that I stumble across along the way.

The photo is of Natascha Badmann and me after the Buffalo Traithlon. She is an absolute endurance beast. She is very social and willing to talk to other racers of all levels. And she has one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen.

A breif history:

I am in my second year in multi sport. I ran in high school and for 2 years in college. Then I sat on the couch and drank beer. A lot of beer. For about seven years. I decided that I really wanted to race again, so I bought road bike and started to train. Not really knowing what I was going to race, running, cycling, or mountain. I then found triathlon. I was addicted before I ever had a chance to race. Now, with a few short course races done I have signed up for a 70.3 in August and have now committed to Ironman Zurich in June of 2007. Hang on, it is going to be a wild ride!!!

No comments: